I started packing for my upcoming trip to Iceland and Greenland and I’m worried I am forgetting something or won’t be adequately prepared! Only 2 days to go!! *eeek – excited nervous laughter*
Have you been to either of these destinations? Do you have expertise in northern travel or are an expert-ninja-packing-guru? If so, I need you!
I am including my current packing list below and looking for advice and insight from my fellow travellers. Once I go, I’ll update the list based on what I used (and didn’t use), to build an “ULTIMATE PACKING LIST”. I’m well on my way but could bet that there are things I haven’t thought of…
Packing List for Iceland & Greenland
Being a lover of lists and organization, my packing list is (of course) organized into categories. For some reason, this makes me feel like I’m less likely to forget something…but I have yet to test this theory.
Gear & Outdoor Essentials
Backpack (I’m using the Gregory Jade 63) which includes a removable daypack and rain cover. I’ll do a review of this pack soon!
Hiking boots (La Sportiva – these are honestly amazing boots, great quality and so comfy).
- Running shoes
- Rain jacket
- Rain pants
- Wooly hat (the slouchy kind, yessss)
- Warm socks (spare pairs! Just in case…)
- Leggings / Joggers
- Loose hiking pants (love these)
- Zip up fleece
- Ultra Light Down Jacket (packs into a teeny tiny bag!)
- My favourite comfy sweaters
- Tanks and T’s (for layering)
- Long sleeve shirts (one merino wool)
- Bathing suit (for hot springs and the Blue Lagoon)
You may not need many electronics, especially if you like to “unplug” on your trips, but since I’m a travel blogger I bring a few essentials:
- Laptop and charger
- Backup drive
- Camera, lens, extra batteries and charger
- Cell phone and charger
- Kobo e-reader
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hairbrush and elastics
- Shampoo and conditioner (travel size)
- Soap and moisturizer
- Makeup (minimal)
- Lip balm (essential for colder weather)
- Medications (as necessary)
- Mini First-Aid kit (I never travel without this)
- Travel towel
- Passport (make sure it’s not expired!)
- Travel documents and confirmations
- Personal identification (license/health card)
- Debit and Credit cards
- Travel insurance information
- Money (both ISK for Iceland and DKK for Greenland)
- Food (I am bringing snacks for the road since Iceland is known to be VERY expensive!)
- Packing cubes (these are a lifesaver for organizing your backpack)
So far, this is what I have to bring with me. Let’s hope I don’t end up forgetting anything too important. Oh, and I need to leave some room for souvenirs! I was recently asked to bring home “something green” from Greenland and some “ice” from Iceland…. 🙂
Fun fact about me: I one day hope to have a huge bookshelf displaying all of the treasures I have collected in my travels around the world! Working on it….
My next blog post will be coming to you from Iceland!
SEE THE WORLD, MAKE IT BETTER.
~ Earthly Traveller
Note: I have no affiliation with the companies listed in this post, just great products that I have used!